If you fly regularly and check luggage almost as much, you probably have experienced at least a twinge of anxiety every time you’ve waited for your bag to appear on the luggage carousel. Then as you watch passenger after passenger leave with their bags the anxiety grows until it’s pretty clear that it’s not going to arrive. Then comes the trek to the airline’s lost baggage counter where you’re told you’ll be notified if the bag is found. What do you do then? Wait it out with just the stuff you packed in your carry on or spend a lot of money on a shopping trip?
You don’t know if your bag just missed your flight and is on its way on a later one or if the airline has lost it forever. But if you could find out, you could plan what to do next and save yourself a lot of worry. You can immediately notify the airline and let them know exactly where your bag is so that they don’t waste any time trying to track it down first.
When Trakdot was first available for sale in 2013, the reviews were not too good. Most customers reported that it didn’t work at all or gave them wrong locations or late alerts. The new and updated version of 2014 has been getting much better reviews of better battery life and accurate tracking. It is one of those travel accessories that makes traveling less of a headache.
Here’s a quick link to the Trakdot on Amazon where you can buy the unit along with a 1 year subscription for just around $70.
So how does the Trakdot Luggage Tracker actually work? Let’s go into the details.
- This GSM cellular device is cheaper to use than a GPS tracker, which would cost you a hefty fee per month instead of Trakdot’s under $20 annual fee after the first year.
- The newest version is pretty reliable according to recent customer reports. It works even if you have multiple legs over 48 hours.
- Very light and compact and will work in any type of luggage.
- Multiple ways to track the device.
- No need for another international charger and adapter.
- The updated version uses battery power more efficiently but you will still have to replace the batteries regularly if you fly frequently.
- While the Trakdot’s software has been updated recently, there is no guarantee that the device will work accurately every single time.
If you travel often, this device may just be essential to helping you get back your lost luggage.
You can buy the Trakdot and a 1 year subscription at Amazon now for just under $70.