The vertical design is great for wheeling about in narrow aisles and crowded passageways and the various compartments make for a very organized packing experience. Women will find it easy to handle because of its light weight. If you prefer a non-wheeled option from Lipault, there are two styles to choose from that will make excellent overnight or weekend bags.
The brand also has a full-sized 4 wheeled carry on upright from the same collection.
Of course, Lipault is not for the budget minded luggage buyer. Just as its pieces come with a European aesthetic, so do its prices. If you’re looking for something more affordable, we have some very nice rolling briefcases from other brands too. The Samsonite Hyperspace spinner boarding bag is a particularly popular option.
Otherwise, you can go directly to the latest reviews and price of the Lipault vertical briefcase on wheels.
Here’s a closer look at this product.
Features of the Lipault Vertical Wheeled Brief
- You can get this bag in one of 3 colors – purple, black or espresso brown.
- This bag is made of a durable 100% nylon quill that is water resistant and boasts a luxurious sheen. The inside is completely lined in polyester.
- Including the wheels, it measures 14″W by 7.5″D x 17.75″H and weighs 6 lbs. The padded double carry handles on top have a drop of 6″. The 2 inline skate wheels are smooth rolling and take up very little of the overall height.
- Two bottom front feet help to keep the bag upright.
- All the zippers are reinforced and self healing and can be locked with any standard TSA-approved luggage lock.
- The mono-tube telescopic handle is made of aircraft grade aluminium and extends to height of 23″. It retreats into its own zippered compartment in the back wall of the bag.
- There is a zippered smart sleeve at the back to allow you to slip it over the handle of another wheeled bag for easy transport.
- There are three zippered compartments in total. The smallest one is a gusseted U-shaped organizer pocket and right in front. It has several handy features like credit card slots, a smart phone pocket, pen holders and a key fob.
- The next pocket has two padded pockets for a laptop and tablet. The laptop pocket measures 14″ x 11″ x 1″ and can accommodate one up to 15″.
- The third and largest compartment is ideal for packing your clothes and accessories. In addition to a roomy main space, there are two elastic top pockets to hold a pair of shoes or toiletry or makeup cases. These fit well on either side of the telescopic handle inside. This compartment is gusseted with zippers so you can unzip them to open this compartment fully while packing and unpacking.
- The vertical style makes it easier to pull along narrow aisles.
- Plenty of organizational features.
- The wheels are inline and recessed so they don’t take up too much of the overall height.
- Light at under 6 lbs.
- Main compartment can be opened to lie flat for easy packing but the gussets on two of the zippered pockets prevents items from falling out when opened in the vertical position.
- It will fit under large aircraft seats.
- Durable construction.
- Pricey at over $200.
- Single tube handle makes it difficult to balance other small bags over it.
Interested in other underseat wheeled bags?