The Samsonite Luggage Ripstop Wheeled Duffel collection includes three large duffles of various sizes. All have similar features so you can get any one of them to suit your travel needs. They feature the drop-bottom packing compartment style that is useful for separating the overall main packing space into two.
This style of bag combines the best of a duffel bag and a wheeled upright. Its softsided frameless walls makes the bag lighter than most suitcases, while the divided packing space provides you with organizational capabilities that are absent in standard duffels. I’ve picked out the best drop bottom styles that fit the check in size for air travel, but this Samsonite Ripstop Collection deserves its own page because the organizational features are among the best of the pieces available today and there are a few features on it that are different from the other ones. It is also very spacious and all bags can be used for extended trips.
There is a pocket for almost everything so there’s no need to rummage about in one large space if you need something in a hurry and when you get to your destination, your stuff will still be neat and tidy. If you don’t stuff the bag full, there’s a way to make it more compact and the position of the carry handles on this are also a bit different.
If you’d like to take a look at them now, Amazon has all 3 duffels in this collection – the 26″, 30″ and 35″.
Let’s take a closer look at why these duffel bags are rated to highly by customers.
Samsonite Luggage Ripstop Wheeled Duffel Features
- The dimensions of the 35 inch bag are 35″ by 16″ by 16″ with a weight of 11.5 lbs.
The dimensions of the 30 inch bag are 30″ by 15″ by 15″ with a weight of 10.8 lbs.
The dimensions of the 26 inch bag are 26″ by 14″ by 14″ with a weight of 10.5 lbs.
- THe outer shell of the bags are made of a tough rip resistant nylon, while the inner lining is of polyester.
- There are four carry handles in total – one on top in front of the telescopic handle and it has a name tag sewn into it, one handle on either side of the U-shaped opening on the front that make it easier to grab the bag to haul off a conveyor belt or into a car boot, and one rigid grab handle on the bottom that also acts as the duffels feet when upright and stationary. The fabric handles are riveted in to increase their support and strength.
- A push button telescopic handle stows into its own zippered pocket when not in use.
- The two inline skate type wheels roll smoothly even when the bag is heavy.
- Both the main compartments feature lockable zippers.
- The top compartment opens via a large U-shaped zippered lid that holds a smaller u-shaped zippered pocket on top. This top half is good for clothes or smaller items that are easy to pack in a duffel style.
- The bottom compartment opens book-style and features a zippered mesh lid to separate it from the top compartment. This lid can be rolled up and out of the way if you prefer just one big duffel style compartment to access through the top lid. There are garment restraints in this bottom section that have a zippered mesh pouch attached via the quick release buckles to hold toiletries and another clear zipped pocket for other small things.
- There are a total of three end pockets with zippers on the exterior. The top end has a large one and a small one over that. The larger one is good for a pair of shoes. The pocket on the bottom end is the smallest.
- An Add-a-bag strap at the top end lets you attach a smaller bag for easier transporting.
- There are two pairs of exterior compression straps that keep the bag secure if fully packed and compress it if not.
Want one of these Samsonite drop bottom rolling duffels? Get the prices of any of the 3 in the collection on Amazon now!.