Victorinox is betting on those needs with the hard sided spinner Victorinox Spectra 2.0 Dual-Access Global Carry-On. They think that a good piece of luggage is a lot like their Swiss Army knife – it should provide flexibility and give you access to whatever you want whenever you want. A similar piece of luggage but at a higher price point is the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Hybrid Cabin bag. Its softsided outer pockets can hold anything from a small laptop to tickets and keys. A slightly cheaper option is the Ricardo Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive Hybrid or the chic Incase EO Travel Roller.
Before you leave on your trip, you can have complete flexibility while packing. Depending on your packing style, you can use the two separate points of entry to separate and organize your travel essentials, including clothes and gadgets. There’s even a removable electronics panel if you want extra space for your clothes and you don’t want to travel with your laptop. This makes it flexible enough to work as a carry on for both business and leisure travel.
As always, the Spectra 2.0 collection carries the Victorinox mark of quality for durability. Read on for details on the features, pros and cons of this bag. Here’s a quick link to the Spectra 2.0 Dual Access Global Carry-on on Amazon.
If you’d prefer to choose another bag from the Spectra 2.0 collection, they have a slightly larger carry on bag for those who won’t be using it for air travel or those who are flying with airlines that allow a more generous carry on limit. These two carry on sizes are also available without the dual access feature. The line also includes three larger spinner sizes – a 26″, 29″ and 32″. You can find all of them on Amazon.
Features of the Victorinox Spectra 2.0 Dual-Access Global Carry-On
- This carry on measures 21.7″ x 15″ x 7.9″ including the wheels and handles and weighs 7.1 lbs.
- The colors available are red, white and black.
- The shell is 100% polycarbonate and sports a scratch resistant matte finish. It is flexible so as to withstand high impacts during transit by flexing and jumping back to its original shape instantly instead of cracking.
- The ergonomic aluminium handle extends and locks into three different positions at the press of a button to adjust to anyone’s height if it is being pulled behind on two wheels. The height of the handle can be easily adjusted when shifting to the upright position to move on all four spinners. There is also grab handle on the top of the bag for easy lifting.
- The dual caster wheels provide traction with soft tread to roll across most surfaces while providing enhanced mobility and less strain on your arm.
- There are two ways to access or pack the contents of the bag. One is the usual way by opening the main compartment in the clam style and the other is through the front quick access door. Both are closed with dual zippers.
- There’s an organizational panel behind the front access door that has pockets and compartments for a tablet, smartphone and travel documents. There is also a removable electronics holder that will hold laptops up to 15.6″. It also acts like a door to the main compartment that’s behind it. If this holder is removed, you have direct access to that main packing space.
- The main compartment can be either divided into two with a zippered mesh panel or left as one big compartment with the mesh rolled back down and secured. Y-shaped compression straps serve to keep your things in place and organized. There is a zippered pocket along the long side of the suitcase to store small items.
- The areas most prone to damage from scraping and bumping – the corners and zippers – are protected with guards and bumpers.
- The main compartment’s dual zippers come with an in-built Travel Sentry TSA-approved lock. Your lock combination can be registered with Victorinox’s Access Lock Combination Recovery Program, so that you can quickly retrieve it if you ever forget it.
- The Swiss Tracker Bag Tracking Program helps you reunite with your bag if it ever gets misplaced or lost. A removable ID tag helps identify your bag easily.
- The bag is covered by a global 10 year limited warranty.
- You get flexibility to pack whatever you want, however you want, whether it’s a business trip or leisure trip.
- Very durable, yet lightweight.
- You can easily switch between using just two rear wheels for rolling the bag behind you or all four wheels for gliding it beside you.
- Unlike most other spinner bags, this one has caster wheels that let you move it on all surfaces, including carpet.
- The security features like the baggage tracking and in-built Travel Sentry lock give you peace of mind.
- There is no grab handle on the side of the bag.
- Because of the side door opening style, the front access panel can be tricky to zip close unless you align it properly. It’s best to lay the bag flat to do this but it’s not ideal if you need to access something mid-flight.
Want to check out the latest deal on Amazon for this Victorinox Spectra 2.0 Dual-Access Global Carry-On? Then head on over to Amazon to do so.