Victorinox Werks is a highly rated line of luggage by the iconic brand, so any new product from them is highly anticipated. The wheeled tote from the Werks Traveler 5.0 collection is a great looking piece that seems perfect for male and female business travelers. The entire collection has become lighter and more organizational and quality features have been packed in.
A common complaint among people that like to travel light is that there are too few wheeled carry on bags that fit under any seat in any aircraft. While we have reviewed our favorite ones that are currently available, we think that this particular product can be added to that list. Its linear and individual dimensions come well under the recommended measurements for an under-seat bag and it has all the features that a traveler on a short trip might want. Let’s take a closer look at the Werks 5.0 wheeled tote now or you can go directly to Amazon to check its price.
Victorinox Werks Traveler 5.0 WT Wheeled Tote Features
- This bag measures 15″ x 13″ x 7.5″ and weighs just 5 pounds 6 ounces.
- The outside is made of 100% ballistic nylon – a tough material known to resist rips, tears and scuff marks. The inside is fully lined in a bright contrasting polyester.
- A dual pole telescopic handle with textured comfort grip makes controlling the bag easy.
- Four 50mm dual Hinomoto wheels – the best in the industry, allow you to spin the bag 360 degrees effortlessly and smoothly on all even surfaces.
- The YKK Racquet Coil zippers are lockable with your own TSA-approved lock or you can use the in-built TSA combination lock too. You can register your bag on the Access Lock Combination Recovery Program at Victorinox.com so that if you ever forget the combination, you can easily access it by contacting them.
- The main compartment of the bag is divided into two sections – one is perfect for packing a few clothes which can be secured by criss-cross restraining straps, and the other features a padded pocket that can fit an ereader or tablet and is secured by a velcro tab. There is also a zippered mesh pocket here. This compartment has interior side gussets to allow you to open the bag when it’s upright. This way, the front won’t open all the way down and your belongings won’t fall out or leave them visible for all to see.
- The front organizer compartment is where you store all the remaining of your electronic gadgets and office supplies. There are two small padded electronics pockets and a mesh pocket that’s zippered.
- The front has a hidden zippered pocket that’s ideal for keys, tickets, etc.
- A zip away side pocket is just right for an umbrella or water bottle.
- There is a zippered pocket on the rear that converts to a piggyback sleeve to enable you to slip the bag over another larger wheeled bag for easy transporting.
- The 5 year warranty covers everything, including damage cause by airline handlers.
- This bag is available in black, navy blue and olive green.
- Very light.
- Smart looking, yet functional.
- It’s a bit pricey.
The Victorinox Werks Traveler 5 tote on wheels is the latest wheeled underseat bag on the market and it looks like a really good one. Get it from Amazon now!
1 thought on “Victorinox Werks Traveler 5.0 WT Wheeled Tote Review”
I bought two of these Werks 5.0 wheeled totes. For the most part, they work as described but there are surprises.
I had a large bulge in middle of the outside front pocket. It was about the size of a large walnut and could be manually moved around the interior lining of the pocket.
The fact that I had to slice open two linings to get to it didn’t make me real happy. But neither did the alternative.
Inside the lining I found a sealed plastic bag containing a Victorinox combination lock–apparently something the factor meant to include complimentary inside the body of the bag but somehow got tossed into the lining of the pocket before it was sewn shut.