Most frequent travelers chase the lightest, roomiest and easiest to use carry on luggage whenever they need to replace their current worn out or outdated bag. With every trip they make they realize that a carry on that makes their trip easy is what they really need.
Our picks of the best lightweight wheeled carry on bags had an honorable mention of the Victorinox Avolve 22″ because it is so highly rated and even has a dedicated compartment for a large 17″ laptop. However, if you travel outside of the U.S. a lot and want to be absolutely certain that you will not be asked to gate check your bag, the newest Avolve 2.0 20 inch version is the perfect bag.
The Victorinox Luggage Avolve 2.0 20 spinner is your winner because it is light and its dimensions are perfect for even the strictest airlines in Europe and Asia. It is surprisingly roomy and is a breeze to transport because of some clever functional design elements. The laptop compartment is a bit smaller than what you have in the old version, but you can easily fit a 15.6″ laptop in it still.
Features of the Victorinox Avolve 2.0 20″ Spinner
- Perfect for a domestic or international carry-on luggage, this piece stands at 20” x 13” x 9.75” and weighs 6lbs, 6 oz.
- Constructed from durable Tedeolon fabric, it features a modern dual-pole telescopic aluminum handle system which locks into three different positions at 37”, 39” and 41”.
- The Avolve 2.0 20 sports a four-wheel caster system which provides 360 degree spinning ability, stability and zero weight on your hand while you’re rolling it upright. The two rear caster wheels allow you to tilt the bag on them so as to make wheeling it over curbs and rough terrain easier.
- Tough padded carry handles on the top, sides, and bottom of this case help you lift a fully loaded bag with ease, especially while loading it into the overhead compartment of an aircraft. The included add-a-bag strap is removable and can be used to attach another smaller bag to the front of this upright case for a consolidated transport system.
- The Victorinox Avolve 2.0 is finished with lockable YKK zippers which prevent zipper bursts. This case also features a Travel Sentry® Approved luggage lock to secure your belongings while in transit. It allows TSA screeners to easily open and re-lock you luggage for inspection without damaging it.
- A zippered pocket in the front is padded for maximum protection and can comfortably hold a laptop up to 15.6”. It is gusseted on the sides so that nothing falls out when you open it up fully. A quick-access pocket on top of the case holds travel essentials which are readily accessible while on your journey.
- This case opens book-style and reveals a full fabric lining interior. The interior features a large zippered mesh pocket on the lid which is perfect for smaller garments, a blow dryer or hair straightener, and a short side hanging zippered pocket for toiletries or other small items that you don’t want getting buried among your clothes. This case comes with compression straps to hold your folded clothes in place.
- The main compartment of this case is also expandable by 1.5” and works wonders for that spare set of clothes you would need just in case.
- This bag is covered by the Victorinox Travel Gear 10 Year Warranty.
- An integrated slide out ID tag slot keeps your identifications on hand but discreet.
- The Victorinox Luggage Avolve 2.0 20 is easy to maneuver whether walking down the aisle with it on an aircraft or dragging it over cobbled streets in Europe. The telescopic handle locks at 3 different heights so anyone of any height will find it easy to transport.
- Its 20” height fits all aircraft’s overhead compartment with ease so you won’t be asked to gate check it on over crowded international flights.
- Its spacious interior offers plenty of room to spare on a four to five day trip and features well organized compartments.
- In this day and age of technology, a laptop is essential in almost all travels. Whilst the front laptop pocket can hold a laptop up to 15.6”, the pocket above it is suitable to hold laptop cords and accessories.
- Despite its light weight and easy maneuverability, you may need to be cautious when packing. The Avolve is slightly prone to lose balance and topple if most of its weight is in front or on top, especially if you pack a heavy laptop in the front compartment. Counter this by packing your heaviest items right on top of the wheels.
- Another setback to the bag is that it won’t roll along so easily on 4 wheels. You can easily solve this problem by transitioning to pulling it on its 2 rear wheels only.
- Due to its design, certain zipper compartments may not be easily accessible on fully packed cases.
Overall, the Victorinox Avolve 2.0 20″ Spinner is a great deal for individuals who want to travel with ease. This case exudes comfort, style and accessibility. Get it on Amazon now!
Alternatively, check out our other favorite lightweight spinner luggage collections.