The Samsonite Silhouette Sphere Expandable 25 Inch Spinner is one of nine softsided pieces in the flagship Silhouette line that is now in its 13th generation. The new 4 wheeled versions feature the highly rated Sphere spinner wheels that make maneuvering the bags easy even when they are fully loaded and the soft grip on the retracting handle adds comfort too.
The large capacity interior is expandable and well organized with various pockets and a suiter system, and everything you pack remains in place during transit. While this collection is not the company’s lightest, it is very popular because of its organizational features for business and holiday travelers and ability to last the distance.
Let’s take a closer look to see which are the stand out features on this spinner upright.
Features of the Samsonite Silhouette Sphere Expandable 25 Inch Spinner
- There are four colors to choose from – black, indigo blue, espresso brown and wine red.
- The bag measures 25.25″ x 18.0″ x 9.5″ and weighs 10.5 lbs.
- The new spinner wheels are designed to give you more versatility while maneuvering on various surfaces with a firmer grip on smoother surfaces and better shock absorption on rougher terrain. This makes it easier to handle and change direction at all times.
- The telescopic handle extends and retracts smoothly while locking into both open and closed positions to prevent accidental damage during transit. The grip of the handle is gel infused to make it more comfortable to use over long periods.
- There are low profile side and bottom easy lifting grips integrated into the body’s fabric. The side grip fabric hides a tethered ID tag underneath.
- The whole case can be expanded by simply unzipping the extra folded fabric behind the main zippered opening.
- There are two exterior zippered pockets – one is a large and deep U-shaped pocket and over that is a smaller easy access pocket to store your last minute items.
- The interior is full featured with pockets and other packing features. There are two zippered pockets on the inside of the lid – one mesh and one Wetpak to separate your soiled clothes from the rest. The main compartment has a long zippered mesh pocket along one length.
- Two broad butterfly compression straps keep your things in place throughout. Each strap also features a small zippered mesh pocket for added storage.
- A removable tri-fold suiter is included to help keep your dress shirts or business jacket wrinkle-free.
- A combination Travel Sentry lock is provided to lock the main kissing zipper heads.
- The material of the bag is a durable tri-core nylon with Samguard protection for water and stain resistance.
- Large interior space. In fact, you could easily go over the airline 50 kg limit if you’re not careful!/li>
- The wheels handle rough terrain like cobblestones easily.
- Good for proper organization and neat packing.
- Pretty light for its size.
- Maneuvers easily with minimum arm and shoulder strain as it rolls upright beside you.
- The bag cannot be pulled on two wheels behind you as the wheels are not designed for that.
- Easy to over pack.
- The suiter does not attach to any part of the suitcase inside. You have to just place it on top of your other packing.
The biggest plus points of this 25″ bag are the easy and comfortable handling and overall durability. Packing capacity and organizational features come a close second. All in all, a good buy for $280 or less. The rest of the pieces in the collection could also be worth checking out – link below.
In addition to the 25″ spinner, the Silhouette Sphere softsided collection features a 29″, 21″, 20″ widebody, wheeled boarding bag and garment bag, weekender boarding bag, ultra valet garment bag, and a 26″ wheeled duffle on Amazon!