Pacsafe has been the gold standard for anti-theft bags for a while now, but they used to concentrate on totes, purses and backpacks before. Their Toursafe collection extends their expertise to larger travel bags and the Pacsafe Toursafe 21 anti-theft wheeled carry on bag is a good option for those worried about keeping their belongings safe.
You’ve probably heard – “Keep an eye on your luggage at all times”. That’s easier said than done. If you have more than one bag or are traveling as a family, it’s impossible to sure that everything is safe from thieves. An easily accessible pocket here or a weak zipper there makes it inviting for pickpockets. For example, if you’re going from the airport to the hotel in a crowded metro train and you have to stand with your luggage by your feet, it’s pretty easy for someone to lift your laptop and exit quickly. This carry on by Pacsafe incorporates slashproof and tamper-proof security features to make it extra hard for them. It is also lightweight and durable – two other positives. The Toursafe collection also has a 25″ and a 29″ bag that are very similar.
So, what exactly are all the features on the Toursafe 21 and does this bag work well as a carry on? Let’s take a closer look.
Features of the Pacsafe Toursafe 21 Anti-theft Wheeled Carry On
- There are three colors available – black, steel blue and brick red.
- This bag measures 14.5 inches in width, 21.5 inches in height, 9 inches deep. This height includes the wheels, so it is the right size for international travel. It weighs 6.2 lbs and has a 35 liter capacity.
- It is made of a PU coated 420 denier nylon to keep it light but durable. The back of the bag has a lightweight EVA molding for extra durability.
- The extending handle is a single aluminium tube with a comfort grip. It locks into place while not in use to prevent damage.
- It is completely lined and has a slash proof eXomesh layer throughout the bag.
- Unlike with regular zips, this ToughZip on the main compartment of the bag is puncture resistant. The zipper cannot be opened by inserting the tip of a pen or pin between the teeth. The kissing zipper pulls are lockable using any TSA lock.
- There is an exterior front zippered pocket that is big enough for a 13″ laptop and a magazine. It also has two slip pockets.
- The main compartment opens like a suitcase where the inside of the lid features a full size zippered mesh compartment. The main storage compartment has two features to keep your things secure and in place during travel. The first are the two buckle restraining straps and the second is the fabric wall extending from the inside of the regular compartment walls. Once you’re done packing, you can use the attached drawstring to pull the walls inwards for further compression.
- The exterior also has four horizontal compression straps to keep the bag compact and more secure.
- The two smooth rolling wheels are side mounted so they don’t stick out and get in your way.
- A bottom front bar keeps the bag upright when stationary.
- There are padded grab handles on the top and side to make it easy to lift into an overhead bin.
- You get a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty against defects and malfunction.
- Holds a lot of clothes since it is soft sided except for the back.
- Very lightweight and therefore good for flights with strict weight limits.
- Stands up to rough handling and the eXomesh provides extra protection.
- Maneuvers easily.
- The compression features makes the bag look small and compact.
- Telescopic handle extends to just one height and because it’s a mono pole, you can’t piggyback a smaller bag on top of it.
- Won’t fit into overhead bins of small regional aircraft.
- There are no smaller exterior pockets for a water bottle or last minute items, like a phone or keys.
The verdict from customers is that this bag can withstand many trips and its light weight is a big plus point. The security features are a big comfort.
Want to read some customer reviews of the Pacsafe Toursafe 21 Anti-theft Wheeled Carry On? You can do that right away on Amazon!