Just last year, the brand brought out the Hyperspace XLT spinner collection, which was updated from their very popular Hyperspace line. The Hyperspace XLT wheeled boarding bag is still a very good choice for those looking for a durable and highly organizational carry on that can also hold a 15.6″ laptop. The XLT is a spinner bag, is vertical and is top loading. The padded laptop compartment is housed in the main compartment and there is a detachable accessories bag included.
So does it make sense to get the new Lift2 boarding bag instead of the XLT? Well, they are similar in some ways but there are plenty of differences too, so depending on what features are more important to you, you can make a decision for yourself. To help you do that, take a look at our review below, or instead go ahead and check out the current price with customer reviews of the Samsonite LIFTwo Boarding Bag on Amazon now!
Features of the Samsonite Lift2 Wheeled Boarding Bag
- The bag measures 17 1⁄4″ in width, 8 3⁄4″ in depth and 13 1⁄2″ in height. It weighs just 7lbs and 1 oz. As you can see, this is a horizontally-styled bag, unlike the Hyperspace XLT.
- The material is a very lightweight blend of 400D nylon and Air Expanded Poly Ethylene polyester that resists rips and punctures. A water resistant coating keeps your travel gear dry.
- There are two rear inline skate wheels on ball bearings designed to move with minimum friction over any surface. The wheel hubs are a grey ecto-skeletal type. Two front feet keep the bag from tipping forward when stationary.
- There is an add-a-bag strap at the back to allow you to slide it over another bag’s handle for easy transport.Right below that is a luggage tag pocket.
- The zipper pulls are made of unbreakable metal and the laptop and main compartments have zipper kissing heads to allow you to lock them. The organizer compartment has a single zipper.
- There is a front organizer pocket that has full length and small drop pockets, zippered pockets, card slots and pen loops.
- The padded laptop compartment can hold a 15.6″ notebook.
- The main compartment opens wide to let you access its contents easily. When opening it while upright, there are side webbings that prevent the bag from spilling its contents. These webbings also have snap buttons that you can undo if you want to open the compartment fully like in a suitcase. The inside features a zippered full length mesh pocket and compression straps to keep everything neat and in place.
- The push button telescopic handle is made of a very lightweight metal alloy with beveled pull and styled to match the bag in color. It extends to three different positions and locks in even in the fully retracted position to prevent damage while being handled.
- You get a 10 year warranty.
- Really lightweight and good for flights that have tight carry on limits.
- Will fit into all overhead bins and under most airline seats.
- Lots of packing space and plenty of organizational features.
- Good value for money.
- Will not fit under the seats of smaller aircraft, particularly aisle seats. If you’re looking specifically for a Samsonite wheeled underseater, we’ve reviewed those too!
- Unlike the Hyperspace XLT boarding bag, the Liftwo is a rollaboard and not a spinner, so you can only pull it along behind you or push in front of you.
Want to read customer reviews for this Samsonite Lift2 Wheeled Boarding Bag? You can do that and check for the current price on Amazon now!