While the Platinum Magna and Crew 9 collections from Travelpro were a big success in 2013, their newest collection for 2014 is the Travelpro FlightPro LITE. There are five pieces in this collection, all are two wheeled rolling pieces, starting from a tote bag and ending with a 25 incher. The pieces have been designed to be very light while still allowing business and leisure travelers to pack quite a lot in an organized way.
The 20″ Expandable Wide Body Rollaboard is the international carry on sized offering that is best suited for leisure travelers, while the 22″ Expandable Business Rollaboard Suiter has added organizational features for a business traveler. Both are constructed with the same honeycomb frame to provide maximum and long lasting durability and the wheeling system is also the same in both. Both can be expanded for when you need to pack that little bit extra or for when you’re not flying. The small differences lie in the type of space provided for a laptop and extra business accessories.
Read on for more details on the similarities, differences, pros and cons of each carry on.
- Both bags are available in black and midnight blue.
- The construction combines a Polyurethane Honeycomb Frame for durability with EVA foam for keeping them lightweight.
- The fabric is a rugged nylon that is abrasion resistant with a water-repellent coating providing stain and water resistance.
- There are strong ergonomic double zipper pulls on all the external compartments.
- To prevent damage on the high wear and tear points, there are skid guards and bars and molded corner guards.
- The aluminium telescopic handle locks at two heights – 38” and 43”. This makes it comfortable for users of any height to roll the bag along.
- The carry handles on the top and side are low profile.
- The two rolling wheels are set on ball bearings for long lasting use. They are removable to allow for easy repairs and replacement.
- You can rest a smaller bag on top of these carry ons with the help of the provided add-a-bag strap.
- There is a zippered mesh pocket that can hold a standard water bottle or any other last minute things.
Both these bags have some common features that make them easy to use on a frequent basis, so if you want more details, do check out the Travelpro FlightPro LITE 20″ Expandable Wide Body Rollaboard and the 22″ Expandable Business Rollaboard Suiter on Amazon.
Interested in other pieces from older Travelpro collections? We’ve reviewed 2013’s Travelpro Platinum Magna 21 Inch Expandable Spinner Suiter here. You’ll also find that some of their pieces rate highly in the wheeled underseat carry on, rolling tote, and lightweight wheeled carry on categories.