Frequent business travelers take note – the TSA security checks in airports in the USA and around the world are taking longer and longer. One reason is that more and more people are traveling with their gadgets and every single laptop and tablet has to be screened while going through the x-ray machine. If each of these have to be removed from a bag and placed in a tray and then packed back in after screening, that’s precious seconds and even minutes adding up to the security lines. The Travelpro Executive Choice Crew Checkpoint Friendly Backpack is one of the few laptop backpacks that ticks every box that a traveler should have for a fast, convenient and stress-free transit.
The TSA advises that to make queues move faster through security, gadgets should be presented properly for screening. This means that they should either be removed from luggage and placed flat on trays or the compartments in which they’re stored can be unzipped to lay flat and fully open on the X-ray belt. The former option takes a lot more time to execute, so if you travel frequently, consider getting a backpack, briefcase, messenger bag or roller bag that incorporated the latter design.
We have selected a few TSA-friendly laptop backpacks that are top rated by customers, but the new offering by TravelPro which is part of the Crew Executive Choice collection has taken off with a bang and certainly deserves to be considered when making your choice. So let’s take a closer look at it to see why it is getting such high praise.
You can purchase the Travelpro Executive Choice backpack from Amazon.
Features of the Travelpro Executive Choice Crew Checkpoint Friendly Backpack
There is also a separate padded pocket for a tablet.
Both these pockets are secured by Velcro closures and sit face to face in the checkpoint friendly compartment of the backpack. This compartment opens fully via double zippers to lie flat and face up on the X-ray belt.
- Great organization of compartments and pockets.
- This pack can stand upright on its own and won’t tip over.
- Can be stored under a plane seat in most commercial flights.
- The shape of the top of the compartments is more square than oval, unlike most other backpacks, so files and books easily fit without the corners getting bent out of shape.
- Only available in black and there are no design elements to attract a woman.
- The exterior water bottle pocket is quite small and would only hold a 16oz bottle.