If you do a lot of trekking, camping or even if you’re planning a safari adventure, you’ll need a hardy bag for all your stuff. The Eagle Creek Travel Gear No Matter What Flashpoint Medium Duffel may just be the best option for you at the moment.
It is an updated version of the Eagle Creek No Matter What duffel collection that is still very popular among active travelers. While a backpack is a must if you need to carry your things with you for long periods of time or if you’re hopping from place to place in a short period of time, a lightweight but durable duffel is better if you have to take more stuff with you but don’t have to lug it about all day.
The new flashpoint collection is made of a new durable and water resistant material, so your duffel and belongings will hold up well under all weather conditions. Even if this bag gets damaged for any reason, the repairs or replacement will be covered by Eagle Creek’s “No Matter What” lifetime warranty.
This collection includes 3 other bags, one smaller and 2 larger. The larger ones have wheels, so if the duffel gets too heavy, you can just wheel it.
So is the medium duffel bag a good investment? Let’s take a look.
- This medium sized duffel measures 24″ x 12″ x 11″ and weighs 1 lb and 14 ounces.
- This bag is made of a new Bi-Tech nylon fabric that is extra durable, rip and abrasion resistant, and water resistant.
- The colors available are black, olive, slate blue and red clay.
- The self-repairing zippers are strong and lockable and are protected from the elements by a storm flap.
- All the stress points in the bag, like the seams, are reinforced.
- A zippered pouch is included for you to pack the folded empty duffel into for easy and space saving storage. This can also be used as a shoe or accessories bag to pack into the duffel while traveling.
- Two outer compression straps reduce the stress on the zipper and seams even if the bag is fully stuffed. They are adjustable and serve to reduce the size of the bag to make it as compact as possible.
- There is one roomy main compartment and one pocket – a zippered one on the outer front.
- A padded shoulder strap is adjustable for increased carrying comfort, but it is also removable if you feel that it would get in the way when not in use.
- There are two grab handles – one pair on the top center with oversized webbing, and one on one end.
- The back features a luggage slip panel through which you can slide a rolling bag’s telescopic handle so that you can piggy back this duffel on it.
- Extremely lightweight – ideal for charter flights or those with very strict weight restrictions.
- Holds up to rough handling and bad weather.
- Can be folded up into a small parcel when empty and stored in the accompanying pouch.
- Can hold lots without splitting the seams or zipper.
- Easy to carry.
- Excellent warranty.
- No inner pockets.
- No wheels on this size of duffel.
Take a look at a demonstration of all sizes of the Eagle Creek No Matter What Flashpoint Duffels
Click here for the current price of this Eagle Creek Travel Gear No Matter What Flashpoint Medium Duffel on Amazon.