Light packers and people going on 1 or 2 day trips don’t usually want to get bogged down by a full-sized carry on but may still want a bag with wheels and enough organizational pockets. This cabin bag is perfect for those travelers. The design of the bag is quite clever and very different from any other out there, particularly in the way the compartments and pockets are placed.
Specific Briggs & Riley features are present, like the double spinner wheels and the extending handle system being placed outside the bag instead of inside. As with any bag from this brand, the quality of materials used and construction is top class, and the lifetime warranty for any damage makes this luxury bag worth it for frequent travelers.
Check for the current price and reviews on Amazon or read further for the features, pros and cons of this bag.
Features of the Briggs & Riley Cabin Spinner
- This cabin bag measures 15.5″ x 15.5″ x 9.8″ with the wheels and handle and weighs 7.5 lbs.
- The outer fabric is water, dirt, tear and abrasion-resistant, light and durable ballistic nylon.
- This bag is available in two colors – black and olive green.
- There is a quick access zippered pocket on the front to use while going through security.
- A large U-shaped zippered front organizer pocket opens to reveal a padded tablet compartment and another compartment for your power brick and cables or a file or magazine. The sides are gusseted to prevent items from falling out when it is opened. The back wall of this pocket has a clear window for a hidden ID tag.
- The main gusseted compartment is very spacious and has a wide mouthed zippered opening for easy packing. There are two mesh side pockets inside, a larger back wall elastic drop pocket for toiletries or undergarments, and a zippered mesh pocket on the inside of the opening flap for other items.
- On the outside, there is one side drop pocket that can hold a newspaper or paperback. The other side features vertical U-shaped zippered and gusseted pocket that is perfect for a water bottle.
- Two double webbing carry handles on the top feature a magnetic leather wrap to allow you to quickly grab and go.
- The aircraft aluminium grade retracting handle is set on the outside of the bag, so there’s more room for your clothes and they will remain wrinkle free. The handle extends and locks into three different positions, to allow users of any height a comfortable rolling experience. The tubes have V grooves that make retracting and extending very easy.
- There are four double spinner wheels that swivel 360 degrees, giving you smooth mobility for either rolling it alongside you on all four wheels or for pulling it behind you on the two rear ones.
- All the zippers are YKK RC self-repairing and are large ergonomic double pulls.
- You get a lifetime warranty against all damage with repairs and replacement parts available at most luggage repair shops.
- Very durable construction and smart design.
- Easily fits into any sized overhead bin and under most seats in large airplanes.
- A good number of organizational pockets and compartments.
- Built for rough handling and frequent travel.
- You get a lifetime warranty.
- The main compartment is very roomy and keeps clothes wrinkle-free.
- The spinners move well on all surfaces.
- Will not fit under aisle seats in some planes.