While Baggallini already has a very popular rolling tote bag, it’s not really meant for carrying a laptop, and it isn’t the most business-looking type of rolling bag either.
Enter the Baggallini Skyline rolling briefcase for women. A few design flaws in the rolling tote bag seem to have been addressed in this one and the professional woman can fit in everything she needs for a business trip. It is a small and lightweight bag and makes a good option if you don’t want to be hindered by your luggage. It is also small enough to fit under an airline seat.
In fact, not only is it designed for maximum protection of your laptop, it also has organizational compartments for a tablet, files and computer accessories. In addition, the bag is well designed to also carry your personal belongings for a one or two day trip and it seems to be very durable for frequent travel.
Like most Baggallini bags, you’ll find this rolling laptop bag in a variety of colors. The overall look is not stuffy but not too casual either. It seems to be a serious contender as a lightweight business carry on bag.
If you’d like to go straight to Amazon for its price and recent customer reviews, click here. Otherwise, let’s examine its features, pros and cons.
- The bag is made of 100% water-resistant crinkle nylon and is available in 10 stylish colors. The interior lining is in a contrast color to make it easier to find things even when the light is not enough.
- The overall dimensions are 16″ x 13″ x 6″ and it weighs 4lbs and 8 ozs. The laptop compartment measures 13.5″ x 10.5″ x 2”.
- The front full zippered compartment is padded with an elastic band to provide protection for your laptop and keep it in place, and there’s a half zippered padded compartment in front of that which can hold a tablet or book or magazine. The laptop compartment also has two pockets that will hold cords and other accessories.
- The back zippered compartment is divided and is perfect for files. There are organizational pockets and slots for cards, a phone, pens and other small accessories. If that’s too much business stuff, you can use this compartment for two days worth of clothes instead.
- The front features two expandable pockets whose zippers are hidden beneath flaps, making them hard for thieves to access.
- The sturdy telescopic handle when fully extended measures 26” and collapses into its own zippered pocket into the bag.
- There’s a low profile carry handle on the top to allow you to carry it like a normal briefcase.
- A sleeve on the rear lets you slip the bag over a bigger rolling upright if needed.
- The two rear inline skate wheels provide a smooth rolling experience and there are two front feet that allows the bag to stand upright when not moving. The feet are slightly larger than the wheels, so even if the bag is loaded to be heavier in the front, it won’t topple over.
- Very lightweight and compact – great for short and frequent business trips.
- Wide range of colors.
- Sturdy construction and durable handles and material.
- A good number of organizational pockets.
- Will fit under an airline seat.
- The wheels may not last if the bag is dragged over very rough terrain.
- The padding is a bit less than in a traditional laptop bag, but since there are other compartments flanking the laptop compartment, the items in those can serve as extra protection.
- It won’t fit large laptops.
If your laptop is under 15” and you don’t want the hassle of carrying a heavy and bulky bag, the Baggallini Skyline Rolling Briefcase maybe just the bag for you. With the Baggallini brand, you know that you’ll get the functional utility with the stylish good looks, and this rolling laptop bag for women is exactly that.
Interested in the original Baggallini rolling tote bag instead? Here’s our review on that as well as other very good rolling tote bags for travel.
If you’d like more of a traditional laptop style wheeled bag, the Kensington Contour Balance Notebook Roller bag is a very popular option.
Otherwise, there are many more top rated rolling briefcases to choose from.
Click here to check for the current price on the Baggallini Skyline Rolling Briefcase.