I love that Travelon is now thinking beauty with brains and not just brains. It was a brand known specifically for function that women look for in travel bags and accessories. That doesn’t change now but what has is the fact that their newer bags are also stylish. No longer do you have to sacrifice looks for practicality. This is how you can look at the Travelon Pleated Flapover Bag with RFID Protection.
When it comes to function, some of the most common complaints about travel bags from a few other brands are that there is not enough organization and sometimes not enough space for everything a female traveler might need when out and about. Other complaints include discomfort while carrying the bag, material and construction that is not long lasting and it being too easy for thieves to pick or snatch. We have reviewed a few other flap-over cross body bags that don’t have these problems, if you want to consider those as well.
Travelon has been adding anti-theft features to its bags for a while now, either by adding slash-proof lining, or locking zippers, or RFID blocking or smart placement of pockets. This Travelon flapover bag employs the latter two features. As with all Travelon bags, its organization features are very good and this one gives you lots of space to carry lots of things.
Features of the Travelon Pleated Flapover Bag with RFID Protection
- This bag is made completely of polyester, both inside and out, so it weighs a mere 1 lb and 2 ozs.
- The material is very easy to clean. Just wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Its measurements are 12 inches by 10 inches by 4.5 inches.
- The exterior comes in a nice choice of colors, like platinum, champagne, blue, black and fuchsia, while each of these sports a different lively print on the inner lining.
- All the hardware is in a subtle gold tone finish.
- A large front flap pocket secures via a drop lock and this is a good place to keep items that you want easy access to. It’s a good size for a smartphone or sunglasses with other odds and ends.
- The main compartment is roomy and has one full length wall pocket secured by a zipper, one smart phone drop pocket and 6 credit card slots. These slots are RFID protected, so card readers can’t skim information from them. There are also two tethers – one for your keys and one attached to an LED light so that you can rummage around the bag to find something even when it’s dark. This main compartment can be zippered shut.
- There is a flap that starts on the top rear of the bag, folds over the top of the bag and ends folded neatly over the top front. This flap contains are large zippered opening that leads to another large compartment. This space is good for carrying a guide book, snacks and hand sanitizer and lotion.
- One side of the bag features a vertical zippered pocket that expands to reveal a mesh pocket for your water bottle or compact umbrella.
- The depth of the bag is not too much so it’s easy to store and look for small things in there when needed.
- The number of pockets and compartments are just right – enough to be fully organized but not too many that you have to check each one to find a specific thing because you forgot where you put it in the first place!
- The easy access pocket in front is not zippered but only secured with a flap and snap lock, so it’s not ideal for small items that can fall out.
- The side pocket is not very deep, so the umbrella or water bottle top will stick up a bit.
Buy the Travelon Pleated Flapover Bag from Amazon.