Travelon has recently cottoned on to the fact that travelers expect an RFID blocking compartment or card slots in an anti-theft bag, so instead of losing customers to Pacsafe, which has long included these features, they’ve joined the bandwagon. This tote not only includes RFID blocking for credit cards and a passport but also anti-slash construction for the front and main compartments and straps, and lockable zippers.
Let’s take a look at the features of this anti theft travel bag:
Features of the Travelon Anti-Theft Signature Tote with Stitching
- The bag is made of 100% polyester twill and unlike most of its predecessors, has some very nice quilting detailing on certain areas of the bag.
- The colors available are black, eggplant purple and truffle grey.
- The size is 12 x 14.25 x 4 inches and it weighs 1 lb and 6 oz.
- The main compartment is lockable and contains RFID blocking card and passport slots.
- The main compartment is slash proof because of the lightweight mesh that’s embedded in the lining.
- There’s a padded pocket inside that can hold a tablet.
- The shoulder strap and grab handles are cut proof, and the shoulder strap can be adjusted between 13 and 25 inches in length.
- There is a strap with a locking carabiner on one side that can be used to attach the bag to a fixed object.
- There are two zippered and slash-proof pockets on the front and an expandable mesh pocket for a water bottle on one side.
- There’s an add-a-bag strap on the back to allow you to slide it over the telescopic handle of your rolling luggage.
- It also comes with a removable LED light.
- This Travelon anti-theft travel bag is a versatile one – good for daily use to work and for travel as your personal item while flying or as your handbag while sightseeing.
- Although the padded pocket will hold a tablet, it is big enough to hold a laptop in the main compartment.
- It has all the necessary anti-theft features – slash and cutproof, locking main compartment, and RFID blocking pockets.
- Lightweight and can be carried either with the adjustable shoulder strap in cross body style, or as a shoulder bag using the double carry handles.
- Even though this tote is large, the shoulder strap and grab handles are not padded, making it difficult to carry it for long periods when heavy.
- Not big enough to act as your only carry on bag unless you don’t plan on carrying much with you on the flight.
- Based on early reviews and the popularity of Travelon’s previous anti-theft models, it’s probably safe to say that this bag will also be quite a hit for travelers. At the current sale price of under $70, it is the least expensive option among full-featured anti theft bags of this size.
Would you like to see this Travelon Anti-Theft Signature Tote in all of the three available colors? Click here to go see them on Amazon.
Looking for more anti theft purse options? Check out some popular anti theft handbags by Travelon and Pacsafe.