Because the primary function of a travel garment bag is to keep your clothes neat and as wrinkle-free as possible, you have to compromise a little on its size and weight, i.e. it will be larger and heavier than most other bags that hold the same amount of clothes. The older Delsey Helium X’pert Lite model was quite heavy for a carry on, but this newer version is much lighter but still built to be durable. The new spinner wheels offer greater stability and movement. As a bi-fold it does a good job of preventing creases with a few new internal features.
If you’d rather explore more established carry on garment bag options, I’ve reviewed the best here. Otherwise take a look at all the features of Delsey’s new carry on garment bag below!
Features of the Delsey Helium X’pert Lite 2.0 Carry-On Spinner Trolley Garment Bag
- This spinner bag measures 34″ x 22″ x 4.5″ when open, 18.9″ x 22.84″ x 10.24″ when closed, and weighs 9.6 lbs. It will fit into the overhead bin in most domestic flights.
- The frame is fiberglass and the material is twisted Dobby nylon. Both make the bag light and durable. The fabric includes a vapor barrier to keep the interior fresh. This makes packing formal and expensive clothing easy.
- This bag is available in two colors – black and olive green.
- The four new Control Trak double spinner wheels give you stability while stationary and maximum mobility for gliding beside you or pulling it along behind you. Even though it is wider than it is taller, it can be rolled sideways along narrow airplane aisles or in crowded airports and stations.
- There is a push button telescopic handle that locks into two positions to allow easy rolling for users of any height and with no weight on the arm. It retracts into its own zippered compartment when not in use.
- The top carry handle is low profile and thickly cushioned.
- The main compartment opens like a book from the bottom via zippers that lock with a TSA approved combination padlock. The side openings where the zippers end are protected by snap button flaps that are released before unzipping.
- The inside features an extender panel to accommodate various lengths of clothing and a webbing strap to keep them in place with minimal wrinkling.
- You can use regular hangers that are secured inside by wally clamps.
- Inside you’ll find four large zippered compartments that you can use for folded clothes and travel accessories. In addition, you’ll find shoe pockets and two zippered corner pockets for undergarments, belts, scarves, etc.
- There are two gusseted front pockets – one large U-shaped and double zippered and one horizontal three quarter length and single zippered. There is also a hidden ID pocket.
- The main compartment’s nylon coil double zippers are self-repairing.
- A polypropylene kickplate provides extra protection at high stress points.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Offers plenty of packing space for a five or six day trip.
- Lots of organizational pockets on the inside and outside.
- Pretty light.
- Easy to maneuver even in narrow plane aisles.
- The extender panel allows for longer clothing items to be packed as well.
- Excellent value for money.
- Won’t fit into small regional jet overhead bins.
Want to see if there are new customer reviews for this travel garment bag? You can do that and check for the current price of the Delsey Helium X’pert Lite 2.0 Carry-On Spinner Trolley Garment Bag on Amazon now!