By making use of lightweight polypropylene, inbuilt locks for security and a frame gasket to keep water out, the S’Cure is pretty robust. Added to that, a nifty textured outer shell in pleasing colors makes it stand out as stylish travel gear. The inside provides good separation between the top lid compartment and the bottom lid.
This bag is very streamlined. If you’re the kind that likes to have plenty of pockets on the inside and outside, this is not for you. There is a separation of top lid and bottom packing spaces, but there is only one zipped pocket inside and none outside. However, this simplicity keeps the whole suitcase very light. Anyone who’s looking for lightweight hardsided bags should definitely take a good look at this new and well designed piece.
Or let’s go into detail about the features of this new piece of luggage.
What you get with the S’Cure 28 Spinner
- The robust shell is made of Flowlite polypropylene that allows for a thin but ultra durable sheet to be used in construction, while textured molds increases protection. All the components used are fully integrated into the body for added strength.
- The telescopic handle is made of lightweight aluminium rods that pull out in multiple stages and then recede into their own secured tracks at the back.
- An integrated grab handle on the top is made of aluminium and does not protrude at all.
- The brand’s 4 signature dual spinner wheels lets you easily transport the suitcase over any surface with ease.
- There are three-point locks on this bag. The two on the top and bottom can be locked and unlocked with a simple press and click, while the main lock on the long side is TSA-compliant. This locking system is completely secure and a deterrent to thieves.
- A rubber gasket frame all along the inside edge creates a seal that prevents water or moisture to get it even if it’s left out in the rain.
- There is no lining in the interior. The upper lid features a full zippered panel divider to separate the clothes you pack in this compartment from those on the other side. The bottom shell features cross-wise restraining straps to keep those items in place. These two features keeps your things from spilling out when you open the case and also keeps everything neat and tidy. The bottom shell also has one zippered pocket all along one length of the bag inside to hold all your smaller items.
- An integrated ID tag can be found on the exterior back and it is customizable with your name and address.
- The dimensions are 28.5″ x 20″ x 13″ and it weighs 11.75 lbs.
- You can get this suitcase in black , blue or red.
- The interior is easier to keep clean because it is unlined. Just wipe up spills and vacuum up any dry dirt.
- The locking system is a better deterrent to thieves because it is zipperless.
- The gasket seal keeps the interior dry.
- The simple interior and Flowlite exterior keeps the Samsonite S’Cure Spinner 28 nice and light. It is very spacious inside so you can pack a lot but still keep the weight down.
- The textured exterior makes scratches less visible.
- While the unlined interior makes it easier to clean when there are liquid spills or crumbs to remove, you have to ensure that you do keep it clean so that your clothes stay clean.
- Except for one zippered pocket, there are no others if you like to have lots of organizational compartments.
- No exterior pockets to keep a last minute newspaper or jacket.
If you still prefer the more prevalent zippered hardcase spinners, take a look at the best rated ones for 2016.