If there’s one thing I dislike about carrying a laptop bag to work or while traveling, it’s the fact that it can feel like I’m carrying a ton of bricks. It’s bad enough that many laptops are heavy by themselves, but add its cord and other accessories to its padded case as you have quite a bulky load to lug around.
Of course, you can use a wheeled laptop bag while traveling but that just makes a heavy bag heavier. This is where the Kensington K62533US Contour Balance notebook roller bag in Onyx comes in.
This bag sports an innovative design that protects your notebook while remaining lightweight and enhancing comfort while carrying it over your shoulder. If you’re traveling, you can use the detachable wheeling system with the ergonomic telescopic handle. Pair it with a carry on and you’re ready to go!
Kensington K62533US Contour Balance Notebook Roller Bag Review
- This bag was designed to be compact, light and stylish – the perfect features of a rolling laptop bag for women. It measures 17 x 7 x 14.5 inches and weighs 5.5 pounds.
- The Contour System design brings the bag’s center of gravity closer to you so you don’t have to lean too far to the side while carrying it on your shoulder, making it so much more comfortable to use.
- The Air-Flo Contour(TM) Panel on one side helps increase your comfort as it dissipates heat instead of trapping it, while the contour shape hugs your body for added comfort.
- The organizational compartments add function to form, with the laptop compartment able to fit up to 15.4” widescreen notebooks easily. The front zippered pocket is wear you can keep your ticket and other travel documents and there are also smaller pockets attached inside to hold things like a phone, pens, keys, etc. The back features an easy access slip pocket large enough to hold a magazine or newspaper. Behind this is a zippered larger compartment to store your laptop or other travel accessories. There’s also a side pocket to hold a water bottle.
- This model is made especially for women as it features a stylish print that peeks out in certain spots.
- The Kensington notebook roller bag is made of water resistant and scuff resistant microfiber to prevent damage. The laptop compartment is deep quilted DropShield ® padded with an AirBrake(TM) bottom cushion to keep your notebook completely protected.
- Just so that most of the weight doesn’t come from the case and not the laptop, this bag is up to 25% lighter than most other rolling laptop bags. Imagine not having to heft a heavier bag into an overhead bin!
- The carry handles feature a magnetic clasp to keep them together, allowing you to quickly grab and go.
- The telescopic handle is also ergonomically designed so that the weight of the bag is shifted onto the wheels, thereby reducing arm strain while rolling it.
- The two in-line skate wheels are recessed, adding to their long term durability.
- Lightweight, ergonomically designed and easily transported.
- Smart and secure organization.
- Practical for everyday use and for travel.
- The retractable handle is single stem, so if you hang a smaller bag around it, it will flip to the side. This style of handle is also not as strong as a double stem one.
- No shoulder strap.
If you’d like a messenger style bag with a shoulder strap that is especially designed for carrying a laptop while traveling, take a look at these quality laptop messenger bags for women.
Perhaps a rolling tote bag that can carry your laptop as well as a few sets of clothes?
Click here for more reviews and to check current price on Amazon for this Kensington Contour roller bag.