While other laptop bags feature a padded compartment only for a laptop, this one has a special place for a tablet as well! Plus, you can fit almost any 17″ laptop in it. If you don’t need to travel with your laptop, just detach the padded holder to make more room for your other things. There’s also plenty of pockets for accessories, files, books and a change of clothes if you’re going on an overnight business trip. Even though it is good for a large laptop, it is not heavy.
Want to see exactly what kind of pockets and other features you get with this bag? read on!
Features of the eBags eTech 2.0 Firewall Laptop Brief
- This 17 inch laptop bag measures 17″ x 12″ x 9″ with an expansion gusset around the back pocket giving you an additional 1 inch in depth. It weighs 3 lb 9 oz.
- It is constructed in a combination 420D & 1680D nylon.
- You can get this bag in one of three colors – indigo, plum and olive. All of them are completely lined inside in orange to make finding things easier.
- A full width zippered face pocket right in front is perfect for holding travel documents on a newspaper.
- Behind that is a large U-shaped zippered organizer compartment. In this you’ll find two small drop pockets, one with an elastic top, two larger drop pockets, two small zippered mesh pockets, two card pockets, three pen loops, one key fob and a decent sized storage space for things like charging cords.
- Next comes the middle and main compartment that contains the detachable padded laptop and tablet bag. This sleeve has three removable foam pads on the inside to either secure a smaller laptop, accommodate a laptop in its own case or accommodate a large laptop up to 17″ diagonally. On the front of this padded laptop case is a fleece lined tablet pocket.
This entire 17 inch laptop case goes into its own pocket on the back wall of the main compartment and is secured by a wide webbing keeper strap. If you’re not carrying your laptop, you can use this pocket for other things.
You can also use the removable sleeve on its own as it has its own carry handles and smaller keeper strap. This way, you can place the laptop in the sleeve and store it in another carry on bag. The sleeve is also TSA-friendly, as you can place it directly on the screening conveyor belt.
The front wall of the main compartment is lined with several half and full width open pockets to store cords and power bricks among other things.
- The back zippered compartment holds three legal sized file dividers. This space can expand a further 1 inch via a zippered gusset if you need space for other things as well.
- All the three full compartments are double zippered YKK with the main one being oversized and lockable. The other two have reflective zipper pulls.
- There are two vertical zippered side pockets – one is taller and gusseted to hold a travel umbrella or water bottle when open and the other is smaller and lightly padded for a smartphone or small items that need to be put away at the last minute.
- The back panel features a zippered bottom trolley handle sleeve, so you can piggyback this bak on a larger wheeled bag or use this as an extra exterior pocket.
Lying on top of this sleeve is a full width open pocket to use for a magazine or newspaper. A name tag pocket with privacy mesh rounds off the features on the back.
- There are two ways to carry this bag. There is a detachable and adjustable shoulder strap with a long padded area for carrying comfort, and two upright top handles with leather wraps to let you grab and go.
- Great for travelers who carry a lot.
- The removable padded laptop bag is TSA-friendly.
- The orange inner lining makes it easier to find things.
- Even though it is a large bag, it is kept relatively lightweight with the soft and flexible walls, unlike traditional laptop bags and briefcases.
- Fits easily in an overhead bin or under the seat in a plane.
- Affordable price.
- Covered under a lifetime warranty.
- Some customers feel that the 17 inch laptop bag held within a separate sleeve is overkill.
- Unless you memorize where you kept everything, it can be confusing to find something in a hurry.
- The leather-wrapped grab handles can feel a bit chunky for small hands.
- If you don’t fill the bag relatively full, it can fall over just like any other regular laptop bag as it has a soft and flexible structure.
Want to know more? You can check out the current price and customer reviews for the eBags eTech 2.0 Firewall Laptop Brief on eBags now!
Looking for a smaller and lighter laptop bag? The Kensington Contour Balance Notebook Roller Bag is an ergonomic bestseller designed for women, while the Baggallini Skyline Rolling Briefcase is a good choice for more colors.
For the best rolling briefcases, click here.