The reason the 2-in-1 can be useful is because it is hard to have luggage versatility these days when you’re flying to a destination. With size and weight restrictions, not only are you forced to pack light but you also have to think about the type of bags to take with you. What if your trip takes you from touring a city one day to shopping for souvenirs the next? You can’t pack a full sized day pack and a strong shopping bag in your suitcase or carry on bag. Neither can you lug that carry on about the entire day.
Instead, this versatile, durable and very lightweight option folds up into a small parcel and can be packed in your luggage to be used when you get to your destination. Suddenly you have a day pack or an extra piece to hold everything you bring back with you! It converts from one to the other with the aid of zippers and straps that are housed in hidden compartments.
Like the hybrid concept but looking for a more rugged and complete bag? The Eagle Creek Morphus 22″ and 30″ morphs from one rolling bag into two separate bags – a rolling upright and a backpack/shoulder bag.
Want to know the details on the 2-In-1 instead? Let’s take a closer look:
Features of the Eagle Creek 2-In-1 Backpack/Duffel
- As a backpack it has a 28L capacity and measures 11 x 19.5 x 7.5 in. It expands 15% more as a duffel bag, measures 11 x 22.5 x 7.5 in and has a 33L capacity. The whole package weighs just 14.5 oz.
- It is made of a washable nylon blend ripstop material that’s extremely lightweight but tear resistant. It is silicone coated for extra water resistance.
- This bag is available in 3 colors – Black, Green and Orange.
- As a backpack, there’s a lengthwise center-access opening as well as traditional top loading, and both are double zippered. Right on top is a zippered quick access pocket. Two exterior elastic side mesh pockets can hold a water bottle and an umbrella. The zippered pouch in which it is stored becomes an internal zippered pocket when the bag is unfolded. All the main compartment zippers have large pulls and are lockable.
- The moisture wicking Air Mesh shoulder straps are detachable and adjustable with a length of 36 inches and a drop of 19 inches.
- There are two side and two bottom compression straps with multiple lash points to keep the backpack compact and prevent its contents from being jostled about.
- When converted into its duffel bag form it expands to create 15% more packing space. This happens by unzipping a section from one end of the backpack. This section also holds the duffel-style handles which are attached to the bag at one end and have guardian clips on the other end. These attach to loops on the end of the compression straps. All the webbing loops and clips are color coded to indicate which conversion straps attach where. The handles have a velcro wrapping to make gripping them comfortable.
- The center-access from the backpack configuration is now the duffel bag’s top zippered opening. The bottom of the duffel has a zippered pocket where the backpack straps are stowed.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This bag is very roomy, especially in duffel mode. If you want more organization and structure, you can use packing cubes.
- Good quality lightweight construction.
- Gives you lots of flexibility while traveling.
- The backpack straps are adjustable and quite comfortable to use.
- In order to transform from one style to the other, the opening for the duffel style does not go the whole length, so accessing your things from a corner may not be convenient.
- The center access opening while in backpack mode makes it an easy target for thieves, so it’s preferable to use luggage locks for both the main compartment zippers.
- Because the bag is frameless, it won’t stand upright if not full while in backpack mode.
Want to read customer reviews for this item? You can do that and check for the current price of the Eagle Creek 2-In-1 Backpack/Duffel on Zappos now!