While 22 inches in length is the accepted standard for U.S. domestic carry on bags, it is 2 inches too long for many international flights, particularly European and Asian internal flights. The overhead bins on them are shallower, making it likely that the bin door won’t close if you try to put your bag in wheels first.
Does that mean that you get less packing space in a 20″ bag? Not at all! The wide body design allows for more practical internal volume, so you’ll still be able to pack a lot. The signature exterior handle system also gives you more space inside. In fact, this bag is designed to pair up well with their luggage tote bag to allow you to pack for up to 10 days without having to check any bags!
Briggs & Riley is known for making durable luggage for frequent flyers, but pair that up with their lifetime warranty and you can be sure you won’t have to replace their bags for a very long time.
While the maximum allowed overall linear dimensions of the bag is 45″, this Briggs & Riley wide-body comes in a little under in the width and depth so as to keep you on the safe side for boarding. Let’s take a look at why this carry on would make a good choice for frequent international travelers.
Features of the Briggs & Riley Transcend International Carry-On Wide-Body Spinner
- This carry on measures 8″ x 15.5″ x 19.5″ and weighs 8.8 lbs.
- The fabric is abrasion-resistant, light and durable Tuff-Light Nylon.
- This bag is available in three colors – black, rainforest green and sunset red.
- There are two quick access zippered pockets on the front. The larger U-shaped can hold a tablet or small netbook, while the smaller one in front of that is a speed through pocket and is good for travel documents and any other small last minute things you need to store at security checkpoints.
- There is a tall zippered pouch on the back between the handle frames for a water bottle, rolled up newspaper, or travel umbrella.
- The main compartment is very spacious and simple in design. Two buckled nylon garment flaps keep your clothes in place.
- The inside of the lid features dual zippered compartments – one is meshed and can hold damp or soiled clothes, and the other is for any kind of accessories.
- The extension handle system is on the outside of the bag, leaving the inside completely free for your clothes to remain wrinkle free.
- The four dual spinner wheels are recessed and swivel 360 degrees, allowing for smooth mobility.
- The bottom of the bag has a skid guard to protect the bag from damage when wheeling it over curbs or uneven pavements.
- An ID tag with a pull tab is hidden when not needed.
- The neoprene handles on the top and side of the bag provide a comfortable grip when you need to lift it.
- You get lifetime warranty against all damage.
- Compact and light but with a large packing allowance because of the wide body design and the pull handle being on the outside.
- Fits into most overhead bins.
- Built for frequent travel.
- Just enough organization on the inside and outside.
- You get lifetime warranty.
- Main compartment keeps clothes neat and wrinkle-free.
- The spinners move well on carpets and pavements.
Priced at over $300.