Award winning Biaggi foldable luggage has had an up and down story that was featured on TV and has been a hit with many modern travelers who frequently encounter a lack of storage space at home or at hotels. It has also had its fair share of critics. The Biaggi ZipSak Micro-Fold Foldable Luggage collection was designed to meet the needs of budget travelers who can’t store huge suitcases and travel bags because of lack of space.
Let’s face it, homes and hotel rooms are getting smaller. We barely have enough storage space for our everyday things, let alone multiple pieces of luggage that don’t hold anything when not being used. It’s also a pain to lug heavy pieces everywhere.
Are you holding off from buying a new travel bag just because you don’t have any place to store it? Do you have to thread your way around your hotel room because you luggage is taking up valuable real estate? Biaggi aimed to solve this problem with their collections of foldable spinner luggage for the modern traveler, and it is one of the only companies that makes this type of innovative luggage.
Biaggi’s Contempo collection is also a hit because the pieces are foldable for easy storage, but those pieces are more on the expensive side and perhaps not cost effective for those who don’t travel all that frequently. However, the ZipSak collection that was featured on TV’s “Shark Tank” and most recently on “Beyond the Tank”, is very affordable but just as durable and innovative. They are also a lot lighter than their Contempo cousins, making them a smarter choice for air travel.
The ZipSak line includes upright duffel style bags in three different sizes and each can be made to fold into a compact case to store in your closet or even in a dresser drawer. These are a 22″ carry on, a 27″ bag and a 31″ bag.
This is our review of the ZipSak Micro-Fold 4-Wheel Spinner bags. Scroll down further if you’d like to see a demonstration of how a ZipSak bag works.
- This soft sided ZipSak is available in black, red, purple and winter blue.
- The material is a high density Oxford crinkle nylon that gives it a distinctly modern styling and minimises tears while being easy to spot clean.
- The construction is sturdy and the material is lightweight.
- The carry on bag measures 22 x 14 x 10 inches in the fully expanded state, and the folded bag measures 10 x 4 x 5 inches. It weighs just 4.3 pounds. The 27″ – 15″W x 12″L x 27″H and weighs 4.14 lbs. The 31″ – 18″W x 14″L x 31″H and weighs 5.7 lbs.
- There are four durable spinner wheels for easy rolling alongside you. The bags can be carried using the two top carry handles or in the case of the carry on, also by the single detachable and adjustable shoulder strap. The double carry handles feature a snap closure connector to give you a comfortable grip. The shoulder strap will give you a drop between 12” and 25” and the double handle drop is 9”. The handles are also meant for rolling the bag along in place of a telescopic handle.
- The contents of the bag can be accessed in either of two ways – by a double zippered front flap for packing and unpacking, or a top zippered opening for easy last minute access.
- The interior is simply styled with two zippered mesh pockets along each side and two restraining straps to keep your clothes in place during travel. The outside of the front flap features two zippered pockets one above the other. There is a luggage tag clear plastic pocket on the back.
- When it’s empty, you can fold it down into a Z-fold and zipper it shut to form a compact bag with a top handle that can be stored under a bed, in a drawer or on a shelf.
- The other two zippers along the top and around the bottom of the bag are for packing the bag up for storage.
- Includes a 2 year limited warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Needs very little storage space.
- Very affordable.
- Very lightweight.
- The simple interior styling gives you ample packing space. The 31″ is so spacious that it is easy to over pack.
- Smart styling and color choices.
- Limited and short warranty.
- There is no telescoping handle for rolling – only double carry handles that are long enough for this purpose.
- Must be packed full in order to roll easily.
- Good for those with a storage space crunch, but may not be suitable for tall people who want to roll the bag.
- The biggest negative that customers point at is that because there is no frame to hold the bag up, it has to be packed full and strategically so as to prevent it from toppling over and make it easy to roll along.
- Seems to be a great choice for wheeled lightweight carry on luggage, but women might find the 31″ too big and bulky when packed full.
Are you intrigued by the Biaggi ZipSak Micro-Fold Foldable Luggage collection? Click through for the current price and customer reviews of the pieces on QVC.